4.17.2006

Skills 1

In Skills 1 (our first kitchen production class), we learn how to make stocks (chicken, white beef, brown veal, fish fumet), sauces (Hollandaise, Mayonnaise, Bechamel, Tomato, Veloute, Espagnole, demi-glace, jus de veau lie), soups (vegetable beef, seafood chowder, cream of mushroom, cream of broccoli, consomme, vichyssoise) and cooking some vegetables (Broccoli, cauliflower,) Also, in this class we learn our KNIFE CUTS. Each day we are tested on a "knife tray" which means we must present to the chef the following:
Chopped parsley, diced onion, julienne onion, minced shallot, minced garlic, sachet d'epice, bouquet garni and
Potato cuts in: medium dice, batonnet, small dice, julienne, brunoise, fine julienne, fine brunoise
My Chef is Chef Jose Sanchez. He's taught my class so much so far. He pushes us every day to our most because he wants us to succeed. Although he is tough and strict, I appreciate it. It is VERY stressful though and I am always nervous I will mess up! Luckily, so far I'm doing pretty well :)

When I presented my French Onion Soup he said "oh...you want to marry me?"

Haha. SURE! jk.
The other soup picture is the Chicken Consomme with brunoised veggie garnish. This soups is very difficult to make and takes a lot of labor and effort. Afterward though, the result is extremely flavorful and must be crystal clear, similar to a cup of tea. I think I achieved that!






These other random pictures are of my roommate's sister's wedding dress it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and some steak that my classmate Bart made. The meat room in the school wanted to do a survey on this type of steak that they had gotten in from a different company. It was well marbled and quite delicious!

1 則留言:

匿名 說...

Beautiful Consomme... and very marriageable French Onion Soup!