5.12.2006

Roasted Chicken and Chicken Fricasse and Sauteed Trout

These are dishes we made in Skills 2. The Roasted Chicken tasted delicious, only because we put butter and herbs underneath the skin!! That's called "larding" when you but pieces of fat into parts of lean meat haha. Clever name eh? My Chef is Chef Jose Sanchez from Mexico. He's so awesome and has travelled around the world. He's taught me so much and it turned out that he was going to teach a new class called Skills 3 (which is what I had next in my curriculum). So i had the privilege of having him for 9 weeks, which is unheard of for a Chef since we have 3 week classes and you usually see the Chef for 3 weeks and then it's goodbye.

I'm helping him with this event called Chain de Reutesseurs (i think that's how you spell it?) . It's a VIP event where all the money goes to scholarships. The menu is so interesting, I don't have a copy with me but some of the items include Frog Leg Mini Crustilles (mini egg rolls), Salmon Cornets with Wasabi Creme Fraiche, Veal Loin, Yuzu and more....




沒有留言: